117 Eureka Street, Central City
Washington Hall in Central City is the oldest continually used public building in the state. The original Gilpin County courthouse and jail, it was built of hand-hewn square logs in 1862 (some of which are still visible in the staircase leading to the Art Gallery on the second floor). Washington Hall, a National Historic Site, is currently home to the the Gilpin Historical Society's Tour Office and the Gilpin County Arts Association's gallery.
Read more about this historic landmark....